What is Oculus?
By Palmer Luckey and Brendan Iribe, Oculus is a virtual reality headset. For $2 billion, Facebook bought the business in 2014. The virtual reality headgear was created and produced by Oculus VR, LLC. You can purchase one from one of the best online shopping websites.
It is primarily intended for virtual reality games and other gaming applications. The greatest resolution per eye currently offered on the consumer market is provided by its head-mounted display, which features an OLED 1080p display with a refresh rate of 90Hz.
It gives the user the impression that everything is happening in front of their eyes. Through a VR headset, you can study, play a variety of games, start clubs, and even paint. The situation has changed!
How to Set Up an Oculus Account without Facebook.
Creating an Oculus account without a Facebook account is possible and easy. We have listed the step-by-step guide through which you can set up your Oculus account.
- Depending on your device, start by installing the Oculus app to your Smartphone from the App store or Google Play store.
- As soon as you buy a headset, the Oculus firm will send you an email to the address on file, so you will soon receive one.
- Open the Oculus email you just received after downloading the application, and then click the link the firm provided.
- To swiftly reroute the account opening page, click the link in your email.
- Now complete the required fields and enter your information to create an account.
- Click “Add Device” in the menu after completing the account creation process.
- At this point, you connect your Oculus headset to the software.
- You should now turn on your Oculus headset and pair it with the Smartphone app.
- Now that you have an Oculus headset, you can play any online game and use any VR platform.
- Voila! You can establish an Oculus account without having a Facebook account.
Creating a Facebook Account with Oculus.
Almost all Oculus headsets require a Facebook account. Making a Facebook account does not require you to visit a different website. On the oculus website for oculus, you can register for a Facebook account.
Step 1: Open the Oculus website on your laptop or download the Oculus app for Android and iPhone through their respective app stores.
Step 2: Click the “menu” option by selecting the three dots in the upper right corner of the homepage.
Step 3: The “Sign up” option is located on the lower side. You’ll be taken to the account page if you click “sign up/log in.”
Step 4: Choosing the signup option will bring you to the page where you can create a Facebook account.
Step 5: Enter your name, email, phone number, and password.
Step 6: You can now access your Facebook account.
Step 7: Enter your Facebook login information and email address on the Oculus home page.
Step 8: Click “login” to begin logging into your Oculus account.
Advantages of Using an Oculus Account without Facebook.
Facebook’s numerous functions are frequently unavailable to those who are not members. They can still take advantage of virtual reality, though, by setting up an oculus account without a Facebook account.
The following are some benefits of creating an oculus account without a Facebook account:
- No one can see your activities: When you link your Facebook account, everyone has access to whatever you do on Oculus. The situation won’t exist if you succeed without linking your Facebook account. Only you will be able to see your Oculus activity because it will be concealed. Facebook records everything you do, including when you play games and shares it with your friends and other users of your social media. However, without integrating Facebook with Oculus, much of this information is buried.
- Privacy Preservation: Whenever you link your Oculus account to Facebook, everyone will be able to see what you are doing and who you are playing with. With everyone knowing what you do in your spare time, you’ll feel like your privacy has been violated. To start the VR experience, however, you no longer need to link your Facebook account to Oculus thanks to the new update. It’s ideal since no one will know who or what you’re playing, and your privacy is protected.
- Security of Data: All of your preferences, friendships, and acquaintances are secure thanks to data security. Since you are using an Oculus account and not a Facebook account, Facebook has no access to it.
We have started the steps through which you will be able to continue using your Oculus account without Facebook.
With the upcoming VR headsets like the Quest 2 and more devices, you will not need any impositions to log in to your account and experience VR in gaming and more.