So you have been using google wifi and now you want to know how to reset it? Well, you are in the right place. Just like setting up a hotspot for business, you might end up purchasing google wifi.
You just have to understand that resetting google wife will erase all the data from your device and google cloud storage and off-course it will start working correctly while still preserving your data and preference.
In this article, we will take you through this step by step.
It is also important to know that if you perform a Google wifi reset, your information will be kept for six months.
Why do we reset google wifi?
- You may need to get your device back
- Your intention to sell or give the device away.
- You have problems with troubleshooting and the wifi issues are not solved with simple settings.
- You may need to delete all the data on your device.
- You want to restart a device’s setup process to make wifi connection faster.
You can reset your google wifi in two recommended methods.
Reset Google wifi using the Google home application.
This is the first method for resetting google WIFI. Google recommends this method of deleting all current settings, data preferences, and any google wi-fi application cloud service data.
This method is effective because any reset from within the Google Home application will ensure that google erases all the wife nodes from your google account.
This is also to tell you that if you use google wife to set up your device, you have to set it up through the google home application.
Steps to reset google wifi using the application.
- Using your smartphone or tablet, open the Google Home app.
- Find a google wifi router on the device list and tap it
- Tap on “settings”.
- Then network in general from the setting section.
- Locate the option labeled “Factory Reset Network”.
- Tap “Factory reset wifi point” under network.
- You will then confirm on the next screen by tapping the exact words again.
- Here,you will see options for restarting and factory settings your wireless network.
- Google will inform you on what you are about to do among other things.This includes how long it will take and some important information regarding wifi point.
- You will be taken back to factory defaults and reminders on what the reset process will do to your Google home app.
- Now select “factory reset” button.
- The wife point will flash blue then sold blue.
- Then you will select “Ok”,and the reset process will begin.
- At this stage, google home application will inform you as what stage of the factory reset is currently in the progress.
- First, it will inform you that the reset has started and in progress and finally when the reset process has been completed.
- This will not only remove from the device but also erase its data from google cloud storage.
Note that, you can still do this from Google Home application even when you are offline.
You can reset google wifi using factory reset button.
You should know that google wifi device have a hardware reset button built into it.Using this option, you will get your data and preferences deleted.However,it will not delete the data in your google account cloud.
However,you cannot delete any cloud service data for six months that google preserved.
- Before, you begin this method, ensure your google wifi is powered and online.
- In brief, this can be done as follows;
- Locate a circle etched into the bottom of the device and you will find the hardware reset button.
- Long press the button for at least 10 seconds. The router will indicate a white light pulse and then turn solid yellow.
- You can release the reset button once the router indicator light has turned solid yellow.
- The router will start the resetting process and finally flash yellow to indicate a full factory reset.
How to reset router with no reset button.
- This will take at least 5 minutes to reset. You will start by removing your router from the power source.
- Long press the button on the side of the router while it is unplugged.
- Then plug the power back into the node and wait for 10 seconds.
- The router will indicate light on the node, starts with white and then turn blue.
- Once the blue flashing starts, you can release your finger from the reset switch.
- The indicator light will turn solid blue just in a half minute.
- This implies that the node is in the process of being returned to the factory defaults.
- Once done the router will turn blue to ember.
Congratulation on making this happen. Now you can reset google wifi using two methods:
- Google home application
- Using Reset button
Now which one is easy among the two?..You name it.