Graphic design software will help you modify your pictures and make them more professional.
If you have a photograph blog, these tools will play a big role in your blogging journey.
Therefore, if you are looking for the best Graphic design software don’t worry, we got you covered.
Trying to learning more about graphic design? You can also join an one of the online course platforms to improve or advance your skills regarding graphic design.
In USA,a graphic designer earns at least $21.90 per hour. Also, this article ranked the best graphic design software and helps you identify their key features and other dislikes.
Adobe Photoshop is graphic design software that allows users to work smarter given that its specifications are tailored to anticipate and meet consumers’ needs.
It offers a variety of tools for photographers, web developers, graphic artists, and other design professionals.
Adobe Photoshop is compatible with other Adobe software such as Fresco, Lightroom, Adobe Fonts, After Effects, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Additionally, users can share their documents. This software is suitable for beginners and professionals and provides professional outcomes.
Key Features for Adobe Photoshop.
1.Grids and smart guides.
These tools allow users to place different elements within their images. Smart guides help users to place items on canvas enabling efficient arrangement of their projects.
Grids are guidelines that enable users to make suitable object arrangement without leaving a permanent mark on the objects.
This feature allows users to incorporate many different elements into a single file to attain their objectives. This tool is useful when editing as removing portions does not affect the project permanently.
This feature allows users to easily manipulate shapes’ outline, color or rotation. It also includes a dedicated triangle tool to enable drawing of perfect triangles.
These features are useful for outlining areas for applying different effects.
This tool allows users to reside their windows, center the view on a location or zoom for prolonged periods.
This feature allows users to check what they are drawing ensuring they save time.
Adobe Photoshop provides numerous options for changing colors enabling users to blend, shade, or dissolve colors within an image.
This tool allows users to seek out people in their selections and automatically refine the selection of their hair with a single click, using an algorithm to separate the hair from the background. This feature saves users hours of time.
9.Smart object reset.
This feature is suitable for collaborating with other users because it allows transformations, ensuring users can achieve perfection with their team designs.
This feature allows users to change good sky pictures and edit the aspects to meet their needs.
11.Cloud document versioning.
This feature allows users to see timestamps and thumbnails of previous changes to their documents and download them. The feature also enables automatic saving of files ensuring they are not lost.
- The interface can be very overwhelming to new users of the program. Despite the transitions to the Creative Cloud platform and frequent updates, professionals have struggled with the steep learning curve of the software.
- Not every update is completely polished before its release.
Given that Adobe Photoshop receives periodic updates now instead of yearly new versions, there are sometimes a few unexpected bugs that can creep up in the system.
- Some of the tools do not show progress bars.
This graphic design software is suitable for creative designers given that its tools are designed to achieve professional results.
The software can be used in Apple or Windows OS, serving as a regeneration of a pagemaker with more advantages.
The software is easy to use. Notably, Adobe InDesign is optimized to function with commercial printers. Its files are packaged ensuring printers have users’ fonts and images. InDesign is effective for creating multi-page documents.
Users can create master layouts to easily unify a series of pages and easily and intuitively insert page numbers. Notably, Adobe InDesign is better equipped to work with large sums of texts.
Key Features for Adobe InDesign.
This feature allows users to incorporate topography from top foundries and brilliant imagery from Adobe Stock, including interactive pdfs, digital magazines, eBooks and posters.
2.Creative Cloud Libraries.
This feature allows users to share colors, texts, graphics, and shapes
This integration allows users to capture fonts, color palettes, and shapes from any image and save them with this extension.
Adobe InDesign is tailored to meet collaborative needs with tools such as Object Styles and Paragraph Character.
Users can also gather feedback and enable multiple individuals to edit the document. Also, users and share graphics, fonts, and content across all their projects.
Adobe users can now apply more inclusive words and images in their content.You can Integrate with Adobe Copy CC (a word processor created by Adobe Systems).
6.Intelligent subject detection and text wrap.
This feature is powered by Adobe Sensei and allows users to wrap text around the contours of a subject bypassing the Photoshop and Alpha Channels paths.
Users care allows unique tools to create cover layouts, book pages, and ither complex projects.
8.Seamless content reviews with text annotations.
This feature allows users to insert, strikethrough and highlight texts.
9.HSB values without RGB translation.
This feature eliminates the need to translate color values into RGB. In this case, users can apply HSB values in InDesign wherever color values can be set.
- Even though Adobe InDesign allows users to place math type for editing, it is cumbersome given that users have to place it outside the work area, then copy, and paste in the work area again.
- When left or right justifying text formats, users may find the distance between texts too long or short with difficulties achieving the right balance.
- Adobe InDesign can only be used to create layouts or master formats for magazines or books.
- Adobe InDesign is known for inconsistencies which are irritating to users.
- There is a steep learning curve for first-time users, with the lack of interactive tutorials hindering effective use of Adobe InDesign.
- The software has issues with users having different versions as their files are easily corrupted.
- Adobe InDesign is not suitable for business solutions with users having to pay expensive fees to achieve significant objectives.
- There are no advanced features and using InDesign requires many resources to fully use the frames and pages.
Sketch is a Mac-based vector graphic design software that is used for professional results. The software is known for providing design toolkits that help users achieve their best work.
The product design platform is useful to businesses as it facilitates collaboration tools. The software is easy to use as it offers a beginner’s course that helps new users navigate.
Key Features Sketch.
- Massive library full of plugins and components – This feature allows users to jumpstart projects.
- Native macOS editor – This feature allows users to create their best work with an intuitive UI, thoughtful feature and the benefits from using Apple software.
- Developer handoff – This feature allows users to engage with developers to inspect and measure designs and consequently download free product-ready assets.
- Sketch allows users to create icons, mathematical operators, customize designs’ topography or font, and use shortcuts, and the shorthand method to toggle grids or layout views and adjust or resize a column’s width and color.
- Design systems – This feature allows users to create design systems with reusable Styles and responsive Symbols.
- A developer community – this feature allows users support when developing projects.
- Sketch Workspace – This feature allows users to store files, share ideas, get feedback, manage teams, distribute Libraries, hand off to developers and explore the Design System.
- Prototyping – This feature has easy-to-use tools that help designers test prototypes. Users can also share links with others, allowing them to test the software or features on their browsers.
- Smart layouts – this feature allows users to automatically resize elements within the design.
- Collaboration tools – Ability to design and collaborate in a single workspace.
- Contributors can also edit, inspect, and comment on designs or assets and browse documents and projects on a centralized platform.
- Also, designers can build product design prototypes by linking various parts and maintain a library of symbols or text and layer styles to share them with relevant collaborators.
- Export code and pre-sets with ease.
- Preview – The software allows businesses to store designs in a cloud-based workspace and preview prototypes for user research and testing purposes.
- Zoom – This feature allows users to share assets on a drag-and-drop interface, and set up resizing rules based on screen sizes according to requirements or zoom into designs for precise editing at the pixel level, export.
- Integrations – This feature allows integration with various third-party applications such as Zeplin, Lokalise, Overlay, Flinto, Avocode, Abstract, and more.
- Sketch allows its users to add or remove contributors, view finances, manage finances, and download assets for production via a web browser.
- Sketch can only be run on Mac OS, locking out users without such operating systems.
- For users to achieve more responsive design tools in Sketch, they need to install plugins.
- Sketch users have complained of the terrible user experiences as the prototyping poor functionality worsens the situation.
- Sketch is quite slow and with more screens on display as the users digs into their project, the slower the functionality.
Affinity Designer is one of the best graphic design software suitable for creating print projects, concept art, UI designs, logos, icons, mockups and other design projects.
The software is optimized for the lasts technologies on Windows, Mac, and iPad. Affinity Designer was developed to work on fast computing technologies, as it is responsive and fluid to work with.
The software’s engine is designed to handle large documents with users achieve full functionality and effectiveness of the software.
Key Features for Affinity Designer.
- Vector and Raster – Users can choose between a full featured vector and raster workspaces. Users can incorporate raster brush textures to their illustrations, mask and add grain to your crisp vectors, edit single pixels on icons, enclose and clip pixel layers and more. This enhances their creative freedom.
- Unlimited artboards – This feature allows users to layout all their pages, screens, menus and items in a single board through various artboards.
- Vector tools – Affinity Designer ha tools to improve the productivity of the designer while ensuring a high level of accurate geometry. This includes comprehensive vector toolset, pen & node tool, pencil and brush stabilisation, non-destructive Boolean operations, and a powerful contour.
- Contour tool – For users, it is an easy way to achieve architectural projects or creating logos. The feature allows uses to easily add contours to any object or enhance the width of single open curves.
- Live pixel preview – This feature ensures users to view vectors in retina and standard resolution, providing complete live views of every element in the designs they export.
- Enhanced workflow tools – Affinity Designer provides users with unlimited artboards, saveable history with alternate futures, customizable keyboard shortcuts, PSD, AI, PDF, SVG, JPG, TIFF, EXR, continuous slice export, advanced grids, snapping and alignment -enhancing the capabilities of the designer.
- Linked symbols – This feature allows users to include unlimited examples of similar base objects across their projects. It allows innovative strategies to speed up the workflow.
- Zoom – The Zoom feature is up to one million power allowing users to work with floating point accuracy.
- Advanced grids and guides – This feature allows users to set up grids and guides as they are offered full control over subdivisions, spacing, gutters, angles and more. It includes auto-alignment tools, isometric grids and planes, column and page guides, and pixel snapping and alignment.
- Timesaving functions – Affinity Designer UI is built to enhance the user experience giving the best performance with little time spent. Tools such as Select Object and Select Same are necessary for matching attributes or selecting all objects of a certain type for easy editing.
- Seamless workflow – Users can work on Windows, Mac and iPad devices with freedom as the file formats are all similar.
- Color control – This feature allows users to work in LAB or RGB color spaces up to 32 bits per channel.
- Users cannot export files as AI, which some clients are finding it necessary to have.
- The fills and multiple strokes options are only functional for one object at a time and ineffective with grouped objects and texts.
- Affinity Designer does not offer a natural perspective grid.
- The Designer Persona feature does not incorporate a vector erasor making editing small vector errors cumbersome.
5.CorelDraw Graphics Suite.
CorelDraw Graphics Suite is a graphic design software that is fully loaded with professional design tools for achieving excellent layout, vector illustration, typography, and photo editing projects efficiently.
The software is budget-friendly, with its subscription offers enabling access to exclusive new content and features, support, and peak performance for the latest technologies.
Key Features for CorelDraw Graphics.
- Collaborate – users can collaborate with clients and colleagues using CorelDRAW.app to gather real-time feedback. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite allows designers to gather live comments and annotations from contributors right within their CorelDRAW design file and resolve feedback simultaneously.
- Vector illustration and page layout – This feature allows users to create anything with the full-featured graphic design application. It incorporates CAPTURE, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, Corel Font Manager, CorelDRAW.app, and AfterShot 3 HDR.
- Users can develop curves with many versatile shaping and drawing tools, add creative effects to vector artwork with effect tools like Envelope, , Mesh Fill, Blend, Contour, and more.
- Page layout – This feature allows users the frameworks to create brochures, multi-page documents, and more.
- Color, fills, and transparencies – CorelDRAW Graphics Suites enables easy application of color to fills and outlines using color swatches. The tool is also useful for generating colors based on color harmonies, altering the transparency of an object and fill objects with patterns, mesh fills, gradients, and more.
- Typography tools – This feature allows users to arrange their work beautifully, with the ability to add effects to texts like contours and block shadows and fine-tune fonts.
- Non-destructive editing – This feature allows users to edit bitmaps and vectors without affecting the original image or object. Users can use CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT to make reversible changes and effects in their projects.
- Multipage view and multi-asset export – These tools allow users to view and manage all digital assets of a project at a single view and export the pages or assets in a single click.
- Bitmap to vector tracing – This tool allows users exceptional bitmap-to-vector trace results via the AI-assisted PowerTRACE with advanced image optimization the final result.
- Photo editing tools – CorelDRAW Graphic Suite users can adjust tone and color, remove imperfections and more with Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
- Optimized learning experience – Users can find personalized learning content to ensure they learn how to successfully use CorelDRAW Graphics Suite.
- Dynamic asset management – CorelDRAW Graphics Suite users can develop one source of truth for design assets by sharing symbols with teams and across projects, syncing updates made in real time by very team member.
- Time saving topography – The software’s Corel Font Manager provides direct access to more than one thousand Google Fonts.
- Users complain that sorting out different items on the screen may be confusing.
- The text-to-path feature could use more intuitive and flexible features.
- The upgrades to newer version may be irritating or time consuming to some users.
- The trace function could use more functionality with stronger capabilities for users desired.
- Vector editing and creation may be confusing to users with limited videos providing users with assistance in using tools.
Adobe Illustrator is a graphic design software suitable for amateur and professional designers. The software utilizes algorithms to develop shapes, taking up a vector-based approach.
The software is compatible with all operating systems, ensuring users can benefit from its updates on any platform. Adobe Illustrator is compatible with Desktop and iPad versions, allowing users seamless transitions between the apps.
As an industry-leading graphic design tool, Adobe Illustrator allows users to create designs in any size, print or digital, and provide desired results. After a seven-day free trial, users can pay a monthly or annual subscription fee.
Adobe Illustrator is notable and effective for small and large businesses given its applicability with artists who create digital artwork personally and professionally and graphic design projects related to marketing, advertising, and branding.
Key Features for Adobe Illustrator.
- Blend tool – This feature allows iPad users to blend objects when creating logos or illustrations, modify blended objects using on-canvas controls, blend options, or touch shortcuts to provide more definition to objects.
- Layers tool – this feature allows users to split the design components across different layers, making it easy to edit one layer independently.
- Auto-font activation – this feature allows Adobe Illustrator users to automatically find and activate fonts available from Adobe Fonts.
- Enhanced 3D effects – This feature allows users to give vector drawings a 3D perspective with the help of Adobe Substance 3D effects, lighting, rotating, and extruding options in the 3D panel.
- Advanced color tools – Adobe Illustrator allows users to create color palettes, use gradient color schemes, fill shapes, and mix different color effects.
- Cloud libraries – This feature allows Adobe Illustrator users a platform to gather and store design assets for a project — such as brushes, colors, text, graphics, and character styles.
- Collaborate – This feature allows users to share projects with individuals or teams even without membership in Creative Cloud software. As such, gaining feedback without having to export files is possible.
- Adobe MAX – This feature allows users networking with the world’s most creative community for skill-building sessions, keynotes, and sneaks.
- In-app learn panel – Adobe Illustrator has numerous inspirational tutorials and content to help designers improve their skills.
- Users have complained of the limited support offered for the Raster graphics tool leading to undesired results when the toolbox loses some information.
- The team version of Adobe Illustrator has limited pricing options making it an expensive package for individuals.
- Adobe Illustrator has a steep learning curve and users have to spend time with projects to fully master their project needs.
- Adobe Illustrator is not user-friendly with many users complaining of the steep learning curve that even professionals undergo.
- Adobe Illustrator demands a lot of storage space and users have to make significant investments to achieve their goals.
- Adobe Illustrator contains restrictive editing options that make it challenging for users to achieve the desired outcome.
- Adobe Illustrator does not allow pixel art in designs.
- Users have complained of challenges with the sharing option especially given the different file sizes shared between devices. Users have to be careful about their set up.
As a Windows, FreeBSD, macOS, and Linux interactive vector development and manipulation software, Inkscape is an open-source and free alternative to industry-standard applications.
Notably, it serves as a web-based supported device vital both small business or medium business purposes.
Key Features for Inkscape.
- B-splines – A tool to make designing much easier as the user can select and move nodes between line segments.
- Rotate copies and mirror symmetry – This feature allows users to easily arrange their compositions.
- Rotate Copies LPE create multiple copies rotated around a point with the user able to customize the parameters with cool effects desired.
- Mirror Symmetry LPE is useful for creating mirror-image copies
- Drawing and Shaping tools, featured with Calligraphy techniques and also have Pen and Pencil command in the form of tools.
- Node Editing – this tool allows users vector graphics with a frame area and node for editing freely.
- For Node editing, Inkscape software facilitates you with some interesting features of the node that is Adding Node in any segment, Deleting Node from any segment, Moving Node from one place to another in any segment, helps in Making Curve and symmetry with node and so on.
- Conical gradients – This feature allows users to create conical gradients.
- Text support – This feature allows Inkscape users multi-line texts, linespacing adjustments, kerning, letterspacing, text in shape and text on path tools.
- Fill and stroke tools – Users have access to copy/paste style, dashed strokes, path markers, color selectors and the color picker tool.
- Selection sets – This feature allows users efficient management and organization of their Inkscape files with the ability to select multiple objects reducing time used.
- Lattice – This feature allows effective control of the four control points of the Envelope LPE.
- Live path effects – This powerful non-destructive tool enables users to apply live and interactive effects on vector paths without interfering with the original images.
- Mesh gradients – This feature allows users to create multi-point linear and radial gradients. Users have a more artistic control of the coloring and shading.
- Envelope and perspective – This feature allows Inkscape users to deform paths using four control points around their objects. Envelope stretches and disintegrates the shape on a flat plane while perspective allows the users to match plane perspectives by manipulating the control points.
- Multiple file format capabilities – Inkscape is perfectly compliant with SVG format file generation and editing.
- Users, therefore, can live watch and edit document trees in the XML editor. They have access to PNG, OpenDocument Drawing, PDF, EPS, DXF, sk1, and PostScript export formats.
- Finally, the feature facilitates command line options for export and conversions.
- Users have reported weaknesses in exporting formats compatible with Latex.
- Inkscape users have lacked options to view colors that are print or screen-friendly. Also, the software lags behind premium vector graphic options.
- Inkscape does not have native illustrator files support and users have to convert them to PDFs to ensure functionality.
- Inkscape does not allow exporting of files to jpeg. Additionally, not all features are supported when a file is imported from Illustrator.
- The learning curve is very steep and even people having reasonable expertise in Illustrator will contend with the difficulties.
8.GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program).
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a freely-distributed programs for editing photographs.
The graphic design software has numerous capabilities incorporating its expertise in mass production image rendering, expert quality photo retouching needs, paint programs, image format converter and online batch processing system.
The software is designed for augmentation with extensions and plug-ins that enable a range of graphic design capabilities. GIMP is compatible with macOS, Windows and UNIX platforms.
The software is a high quality framework for scripted image manipulation, ensuring users to incorporate unique designs according to their needs. For art projects, the software comes highly recommended as it provides plenty of image processing options that improve the quality of the images.
Key Features for GIMP.
- Basic vector graphic features.
- Painting tools – This feature includes brushes, pencils, airbrushes, clones. The software also supports custom brushes and patterns. Sub-pixel sampling is available for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Selection tools – Users have access to rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, and fuzzy shapes.
- GIMP is useful for touching up digital photographs captured from the camera.
- Animations – users can load and save animations in frame-as-layer formats meeting their needs.
- File handling – the software offers multiple file format support include tga, xpm, pcx, pdf, ps, png, psd, gif, jpeg, bmp, mng and many others.
- Transform tools – These features include rotate, crop, move, scale, flip, align, scale, and perspective.
- GIMP allows users to enhance photos with ease.
- More than 100 plug-ins are available for users allowing the easy addition of new effect filters and file formats.
- Colour tools – These include curves, posterize, color balance, levels, desaturate, colourize, brightness-contrast, threshold, brightness-contrast tool, hue-saturation, etc.
- Color management features – These tools ensure high-fidelity color reproduction across digital and printed media and is best used in workflows involving other freeware such as SwacthBooker, Inkscape and Scribus.
- GIMP supports different hardware devices, including the MIDI controller, USB, etc.
- Extensibility and flexibility – This feature allows GIMP users extensibility through integration with numerous programming languages such as Python, Scheme, Perl, and more. Users can therefore achieve flexibility since many plug-ins and scripts can be created within the community.
- Users may face challenges when developing good looking arc shape in GIMP software.
- The learning curve for GIMP is quite steep and users require training and knowledge to use the functions effectively.
- Compared to other graphics design software, GIMP has fewer tools and the tutorials are inadequate in addressing consumer needs.
- Users have complained that GIMP’s IMP cannot handle anything other than 8bit RGB, grayscale as well as indexed images.
- GIMP users have complained that the customer support and does not provide sufficient help for users to navigate challenges in their design projects.
- From a professional perspective, GIMP’s interface is glitchy and lacks a modern appeal that other graphic design software have.
- When compared to other graphics design software, GIMP has limited third-party plugins.
- GIMP does not perform well in situations users require to edit big images with many layers.
9.Xara Designer Pro X.
Xara Designer Pro X is a graphic design solution for all types of projects, including DTP, vector illustration, photo editing or composition, Flash animation, websites, or web graphics.
The software is sophisticated and incorporates high-performance vector rendering engines. Therefore, users are provided with greater speed and a more satisfying working environment.
Users also benefit from more productivity and the ability to create more complex drawings quickly.
Key Features for Xara Designer Pro X.
- Xara Cloud – an ultra-simple way to view, edit, and update your Xara document using a web browser on any computer or tablet.
- Perfect for collaborative editing, for commercial designers who want to give clients editing access, or for anyone who needs to edit their site remotely.
- Direct action tools – These tools allow users to create effects such as bevels, transparency, or gradient fills easily.
- Drag and drop – This feature allows users to use the drag and drop principle and import files, such as photos underlining a more intuitive and timesaving feature.
- Solid object editing – This feature allows users enhanced capabilities in WYSIWYG editing to reposition, create, rotate or resize an object, moving it in its entirety, as opposed to the outline alone, making it far easier to judge the effect of edits in real-time.
- PSD support – This feature allows users to import and export Adobe Photoshop PSD files, including alpha channel, layer support, 16-bit color, and CMYK conversion.
- Anti-aliasing – This feature enables maximum screen quality as it smoothens the edges of objects. It is suitable when working with bitmap images and vector images.
- Zoom – This feature allows users to change their documents’ magnification, giving them distant or closer views.
- Import and export – This feature allows users to send and receive documents of different types since its supports all common graphic and bitmap formats, including TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PSD, PNG, and others.
- Additionally, it supports key vector types such as Adobe Illustrator, PDF, early versions of CMX and CorelDRAW CDR, SVG, EMF, and WMF.
- Color support – This feature allows users to change the colors of objects directly or develop their own colors with names applicable to different objects in the software.
- Charts and graphs – This feature allow users a range of SmartShape charts that are adjustable to enhance the aesthetics of visual products.
- Content catalog – This feature contains a massive collection of fully customizable templates for web and print platforms.
- Image processing tools – Xara Designer Pro X users have access to the relevant tools for professional image editing: adjusting brightness, highlighting, cropping, contrast, shadows, and more. Additionally, users can manipulate blurriness, transparency, smoothing outlines, and more for effective results.
- Magic erase and photo heal – This feature allows users to erase spots, blemishes, and scratches from their images, serving as a paintbrush.
- Xara Designer Pro X is not compatible with Mac computers.
- The Magix marketing messages common with the software can be annoying to users.
- Permanent pop-ups and reminders to pay subscriptions.
- The software has to be reinstalled if users do not pay subscriptions and may lose updates accrued over a year.
Gravit Designer is a graphic design software that empowers professionals to achieve their creative goals on any device.
The software is known for its user-friendliness and intuitive nature of its tools and features. Users can save their work on the cloud and access it from any web browser.
Gravit Designer is easy to learn and use with users provided with diverse, curated templates and a smooth learning curve. The software is affordable and flexible, with its unlimited cloud storage enabling numerous projects.
Key Features for Gravit Designer.
1.Powerful vector editing – This feature contains the following tools:
- Live Boolean operations for creating complex compound shapes and editing them without affecting the original image.
- Smart shape primitive with magic control points for flexible and quick drawing of geometric shapes.
- Non-destructive objects styling with multiple types of borders, layered fills, effects, and adjustments.
- Users also have complete control over blending and transparency mode.
- Freehand vector tools, live corners, and vector manipulation features enhance the users’ control over their designs.
- Sophisticated vector path manipulation with lasso tools, knife, pen, and bezigon
2.Image editing – This feature allows Gravit Designer’s users:
- Remove noise, add filters, and alter hue, color, brightness, contrast, vibrance, and saturation.
- Rasterize selections to new bitmap objects.
3.Text and typography – These tools include:
- Full Google Fonts Library.
- Support for OpenType and TrueType fonts and font collections.
4.Compatibility and files – This feature allows:
- Export with advanced sizing features, including height and width, setting dpi, and retina-style multipliers shortcuts.
5.Intuitive user interface – This feature allows compatibility with pen devices like Apple Pencil.
- It also enables access touch interfaces with PCs with touchscreens, tablets (Android and iOS), and Chromebooks.Users have friendly, familiar graphics interfaces and tools to enable amateurs and pros to achieve their projects easily.
6.Effects and adjustments – This feature allows Gravit Designer users to experiment with 35 live non-destructive adjustments and effects categorized into popular themes.
7.Color – This feature allows Gravit Designer users an intuitive color picker with HSB, RGB, and CMYK modes.
- It also includes document and global swatches, which enable easy import, export, and organization of palettes.
- Gravit Designer users have often reported confusing bugs that duplicate files and require a tedious amount of time to sort them out and locate the right file.
- The basic features offered in the premium version of Gravit Designer are unsatisfactory compared to alternative graphic design software in the market.
- Gravit Designer does not offer suitable support for using the program in terms of its functionality.
- Gravit Designer does not offer third-party integrations and uses its own icons and themes.
Photoscape is a graphic design software suitable for all types of users. It is suitable for photo correcting and editing.
For amateurs, Photoscape is affordable with the relevant tools to achieve their goals. The software is easy and fun to use, with numerous features for users to experiment with.
The editing toolkit is PhotoScape’s most useful feature as it is powerful with well-labeled and self-explanatory options. The tool is aimed at beginners who are encouraged to figure out the software through trial and error.
While the interface gets some getting used to, Photoscape has accumulated accolades for its highly accomplished platform for editing.
Key Features for Photoscape.
- Viewer – This feature allows Photoscape users to check photos in their folders and create a slideshow.
- Combine – This feature allows users to link numerous photos vertically or horizontally to create one final photo.
- Editor – This feature allows Photoscape’s users to resize and adjust brightness and color.
- Also, users can add texts and have access to balloons, drawing pictures, cropping, white balance, backlight correction, frames, filters, red eye removal, blooming, paint brush, mosaic mode, and clone stamp
- Face Search – This feature allows Photoscape users to find similar faces on online platforms.
- Batch editor – This feature enables Photoscape users to batch edit many images at the same time.
- This incorporates resizing, text, color and tone adjustments, frames, objects, sharpening, and other effects.
- Also, Photoscape users can review the results before exporting one or all of the photos with alterations.
- Users can also save batch editor settings as configuration files for later purposes.
- Page – This feature allows users to merge multiple photos on the page frame for one final image.
- Animated GIF – This feature allows Photoscape users access to multiple photos to create a final animated photo.
- Print – Photoscape uses can print portrait shots, carte de visites (CDV), and passport photos
- Color Picker – This feature allows Photoscape users to zoom in on images and search and pick a color.
- Splitter – This feature allows users to slice a photo into several pieces.
- Six sets of filters – This feature includes three levels (low, middle, and high) and allows users different perspectives on their images.
- One-click edits – Photoscape users have access to tools such as crystallizing, newsprint, and pictorialization.
- Screen Capture – this feature allows users to capture screenshots and save them.
- Rename – this feature allows users to change photo file names in batch mode.
- Raw Converter – this feature allows users to convert RAW to JPG Paper.
- Print – this feature allows users to print lined music, graph, and calendar paper
- The software does not have a background removal tool.
- Photoscape is extensive, and this requires time to understand the functionalities of all the tools.
- Photoscape lacks the tools to overlay images, particularly transparent gifs.
- Photoscape users have complained of the lack of a teeth whitener or tanning editing tool.
- Photoscape’s blending tool does not offer high capabilities.
- For users requiring the clone stamp tool, they have to subscribe to the premium version of the software.
- Photoscape users complain of the poor functionality when working with transparent photos, suggesting poor editing capabilities.
Genially is a graphic design software best suitable for the online creation of animated and interactive presentations, dossiers, infographics, gamification, and others.
The all-in-one tool is useful for education, design, and business purposes, with unique categories tailored to meet the needs of users. The software offers more than 1300 templates, with users able to create their original productions.
For teachers, creating lesson projects is easy, and they can blend well with the extensions. The tool is popular with schools because it is compliant with COPPA and FERPA rules which ensure that the rights of minorities are protected as their learning experiences are nourished. The software provides customer support, ensuring their needs are catered for.
Genially’s user interface is simple and plain, allowing users to begin with selecting industry categories and selecting from various options that range from guides, presentations, stories, and others.
Additionally, Genially does not require any complex programming skills from the user’s end.
Key Features for Genially.
- Intuitive Editor – this feature allows Genially users to easily navigate through and embellish their creations.
- Users can also manage corporate resources using Genially with a rich selection of tools for organization and communication with different stakeholders.
- Design – Genially provides design tools, including interactivity and animation, to enhance the quality of designs. Its collaborative tools ensure teams can work on similar projects to achieve new solutions.
- Genially provides 12 different creation categories.
- Administration – Includes tools for companies and teams to have real-time collaboration and manage numerous projects in the team workspace.
- Users gain access controls and permissions to ensure they can manage projects well.
- Communication management – users receive alerts, notifications, contact management, student portals, and commenting capabilities which allow seamless communication with students or teams.
- Also, the software supports collaboration tools and has multi-language support.
- Genially users can add animation effects and interactivity quickly.
- Share options include via. download, link, and iframe code.
- Content management – this feature includes a media and content library with relevant resources to users. It also allows categorization or cataloging.
- Education – It allows schools to develop interactive learning materials for easy teaching and learning of students.
- Integrations – Genially allow users the ability to easily insert external content (Google docs, PDFs, Youtube videos, audios, maps, social media posts, etc.).
- Also, Genially allows third-party integrations and API and is supported on mobile software.
- Content development – This feature allows users to export and import data.
- Users are also allowed gamification models, brand integration, drag & drop, and activity dashboard tools as the platform are 508 compliant.
- Genially offers users over 1,300 stunning templates.
- Genially’s functionality on smartphones and tablets is somewhat limited.
- The undo function of the software may not function well with certain tasks.
- The free version of Genially does not provide templates to users.
- Genially users must be connected to the internet since the templates provided are on a contract basis.
- Genially offers a limited diversity and number of infographics.
Vectr is a graphic design software offered for free. It is suitable for users looking to create vector graphics – graphics that are scalable without the loss of resolution – easily and intuitively.
Vectr is available online and on user desktops across multiple platforms. The software allows live collaboration and synchronization without any limitations.
Additionally, using the software’s easy-to-use interface, users can unleash their creativity as an illustrator or graphic designers.
Key Features for Vectr.
- Collaborate in real-time via URL – This feature allows Vectr users to share a real-time view of their activity with others. Additionally, users can let others can watch how they are creating and edit designs live via their desktop.
- Chat feature – This feature allows users to communicate as changes are made within the Editor itself. This feature allows users to work faster towards the final artwork with minimal confusion.
- Scale without losing clarity – This feature allows users to create blur-free website mockups, logos, presentations, cards, brochures, or any 2D graphics, given that vector graphics are always crisp and clean, unlike raster graphics.
- AI-powered – Creating graphics is made even faster and simpler with time-saver tools and features powered by AI.
- Tutorials – These are online videos and documents that enable users to navigate the complexities of the software.
- Social and collaborative tools – Vectr is built for collaboration with the following features:
- Vectr users can post their designs on Twitter and Facebook with a click.
- Powerful vector graphics editor – This feature allows Vectr users intuitive tools that help with scaling designs without losing clarity.
- Users can also import AI, SVG, EPS, JPEG, and PNG files.
- There is no learning curve.
- Users can send Vectr documents without any delays due to the real-time nature of the software.
- Users can use a unique shareable URL for their designs.
- Colorpicker – Users are provided a tool to select colors they need as they edit their images.
- Pages – Vectr users can add and delete pages while at the same time selecting and re-ordering pages.
- Drawing tools – Vectr users have an easy-to-use pen tool that allows the creation of curved and straight paths. Also, users have the capability to modify them.
- Intuitive freehand drawing tool – this feature allows Vectr users to draw custom shapes, easily add rectangles, lines, circles, and edit them, group layers and modify them together, and change the radius of any corners.
- Users can also create icons, website UI designs, logotypes, brochures, and banners.
- Cross-platform – Vectr’s users can use or manipulate their designs on any platform and work in real-time.
- Vectr lacks some advanced features that high-end solutions offer.
- Vectr uses complained of the finicky nature of editing fonts.
- Vectr does not have the numerous options Google Fonts provide for graphic design software.
- Vectr users complain about the poor quality of the icons and shape selection.
- Often, Vectr users face challenging or tricky moments when selecting a particular object unless they use the layers menu as items may be stuck behind another layer.
- When compared to Canva, users have often preferred the former for drawing purposes as Vectr does not provide suitable capabilities.
Lunacy is a graphic design software that serves as the next-generation vector graphics platform for web design, UI, and UX.
The software is suitable for all functionalities in graphic design, given the array of tools that maximize the workflow of the user. The software is absolutely free, and it allows users to sketch better as they work in real-time with other users.
Lunacy is flexible, given that it is compatible across different platforms and operating systems. The software has low system requirements given that it runs smoothly on moderate computers.
More important, the Lunacy is powered by artificial intelligence, which allows users better responses and outcomes in their design projects.
Key Features for Lunacy.
- Zoom tool – this feature allows users to serve for zooming in and out of the selected layer or canvas area.
- Hotspot tool – This feature allows Lunacy users to create hotspot zones when creating prototypes.
- Artboard tool – This feature allows Lunacy users a method to divide the canvas into separate areas with different content. While they are optional, they are suitable when designing for a certain screen size or device.
- Collaboration tools – Lunacy allows its users to collaborate on the same project as they work on different platforms on the same design.
- Comment tool – This feature allows users to keep their notes and to-do lists as well as acquire feedback from customers and teammates.
- Component tool – This feature allows users to develop mockups of interfaces by adding placeholder components and then replacing them with required GUI elements.
- Eyedropper tool – This feature allows users to work with colors in an intuitive way that is effective and easy.
- Image tool – This feature enables Lunacy users to quickly add images from files to their designs.
- Multiple file format support – Lunacy supports all the popular image formats like BMP, PNG, JPEG, WEBP, GIF, SVG, ICO, and JPG. The TIFF format is not supported.
- The Pencil is a tool for drawing freehand paths with a stylus or, having some skill, with the mouse.
- Shape tools allow you to quickly add pre-made shapes that include ovals, lines, stars, rectangles, rounded rectangles, polygons, and arrows.
- Avatar tool – This feature allows Lunacy users to create views of user profiles.
- Slice tool – This feature allows users to select a specified area on their design and export it to a file.
- GUI tools – Lunacy features a set of tools that allows users to quickly add basic GUI controls that incorporate drop-down lists, buttons, text fields, checkboxes, radio buttons, and toggles.
- Lunacy does not support Photoshop and XD.
- Lunacy users complain of critical performance issues when working with large files, with the software often crashing.
- Lunacy contains various AI bugs, such as flickering of the screen when maximizing or minimizing windows.
- Compared to other software with similar capabilities, Lunacy users have observed lower export options to different formats.
- The software lacks exceptional features when it comes to text, drawing, and coloring options.
Mega Creator is online graphic design software that provides unlimited ways for developing designs. All users have to do is select a template, customize it, and export it for their personal or professional use.
Mega Creator allows users to design their own high-quality icons, illustrations, photos, AI-generated faces, and backgrounds.
Mega Creator is suitable for users with diverse custom visual needs, including SMM managers and bloggers, designers and developers, educators and students, YouTubers, copywriters, and sales reps.
Arguably, the graphic design software has a shallow learning curve and serves amateurs and professional users quite well. Moreover, its catchy graphics and compatibility with web and mobile platforms have been suitable for enhancing its useability.
Key Features for Mega Creator.
- Hundreds of customizable templates for popular social media sites such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook, among others.
- Mega Creator allows its users to create professional 3D illustrations instantly by adding elements from the assets library.
- Non-destructive cropping of photos and illustrations for easy editing of images.
- Artificial Intelligence – This inbuild platform allows Mega Creator users diverse designing capabilities to generate faces, upscale, and remove image backgrounds.
- Mega Creator allows its users to utilize elements with a consistent theme to give their graphics a professional touch.
- Import and export – This feature allows Mega Creator’s users to send and receive documents of different types.
- Mega Creator provides users with suggestions for similar photos and illustrations.
- AI anonymizer – This feature allows Mega Creator’s user’s privacy and discretion when generating faces in generative media, ensuring that one’s identity is protected.
- Mega Creator has advanced search filters for photos.
- Mega Creator provides users with a background remover for uploaded images.
- Vector and photo backgrounds –The library is equipped with thousands of professional photos in similar environments and 100,000+ cutouts from them, so you can produce graphics that look original.
- Vector illustrations – These are provided or designed by top Dribble artists.
- Zoom – This feature allows users to change their documents’ magnification, giving them distant or closer views.
- Mega Creator allows its users to create brand new illustrations from pre-made elements using various customization options, including how characters look and match the brand’s personality.
- Mega Creator gives users unlimited options for generating their own photos.
- Mega Creator allows its users to utilize photos of people, animals, objects, AI-generated faces, and backgrounds.
- Image editor – This tool allows the editing of images with intuitiveness to enable good results.
- Transparency tool – This feature includes intext fonts in images.
- Collaboration – Mega Creator allows its users to network and collaborates on projects.
- Premium icons – Mega Creator provides its users with access to Over 170000 icons in over 35 styles that can be used in the design.
- Integrations with API.
- Customer support – support via business hours, 24/7 live support, and online.
- Mega Creator does not have advanced AI features.
- Mega Creator users have complained of the lack of a search button, making it hard to find matching templates.
- Mega Creator does not have A4 and PowerPoint page sizes available.
- Mega Creator does not provide a trial or free version, with users expected to engage in annual plans to fully appreciate the features of the application.
Thank you for reviewing our graphic design software. We know that technology come a long way to save creators express their ideal mindset.
Choosing the best software would depend on your work and what you need to achieve with the software.
Most businesses have always lookout for good graphic designers to boost their business.
Therefore, as a graphic designer, you have to portray exclusive skills through a website.You can start your photography website by posting stunning digital images.